The College of Law provides two types of listservs for the benefit of its faculty, students, and staff, namely, moderated listservs and unmoderated listservs.
Moderated listservs are used for conducting the day-to-day business and activities of the College of Law.
- Members of the College of Law community are automatically subscribed to one or more moderated listserv based on their relationship to the College.
- College of Law administration, faculty, and student organizations established by the College directly or through the Student Bar Association may, upon approval of the List Moderator, post to moderated listservs announcements and notices of meetings, events, or activities they sponsor that are pertinent to the business of the College. Moderated listservs are not forums for debate, discussion or the exchange of ideas.
- The List Moderator shall determine whether a submission is appropriate for the list based on the aforementioned criteria.
- Requests for reconsideration of rejected submissions shall be made first to the List Moderator by e-mail. Upon request, a review of the List Moderator's second rejection may be made to the Director of the Law Library and Information Technology, whose determination is final.
Unmoderated listservs offer forums for discussion and exchange of views, as well as outlets for postings that fall outside the parameters of the moderated listservs.
- Members of the College of Law community who wish to participate in an unmoderated listserv must affirmatively subscribe to it, and may unsubscribe at any time. Subscriptions may also be controlled by the list owner.
- Only subscribers may post to unmoderated listservs.
- Conduct of subscribers who use the unmoderated listservs is governed by applicable University rules, policies and codes of conduct. Complaints of unmoderated listserv abuse should be directed to the appropriate University or College of Law administrator.
Access to College of Law Listservs
The use of moderated and unmoderated listservs provided by the College of Law is a privilege extended to faculty, administrative staff and students of the College. The College of Law reserves the right, pursuant to University and College guidelines, to unsubscribe individuals who abuse this privilege. The College of Law further reserves the right to discontinue any listserv at any time without notice.