Congratulations! Finishing law school is a tremendous accomplishment. We look forward to celebrating with you and your family and friends at the College of Law’s Hooding Ceremony.
This 2019 Hooding Webpage is the place to find all information about hooding, including parking, disability access, what to wear, and more.
- Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Place: Ballroom in the Northern Kentucky Convention Center, 1 West RiverCenter Boulevard, Covington, KY 41011
- Time: Graduates report at 11:00 am for Class of 2019 photo using the Madison Avenue entrance; doors open to family and friends at 12:00 pm
- Ceremony begins promptly at 1:00 pm and lasts approximately 90 minutes
- Students will have light refreshments offered before the ceremony
- Tickets are not required and there is no limit to the number of guests
- Class of 2019 Graduation Speaker — Susan B. Zaunbrecher, UC Law Class of 1990, Executive Vice President - Chief Legal Officer and Board Secretary, Fifth Third Bancorp
- 2019 Nicholas Longworth, III, Alumni Achievement Award Recipient — Aftab Pureval, UC Law Class of 2008, Hamilton County Clerk of Courts
- Faculty Reader — TBD; Faculty Hooder — TBD; Faculty Assistant Hooder — TBD
- Accessible seating is available — please contact Cheryl DelVecchio at 513.556.0063
- Guest "Hooders" are allowed — criteria is:
- Hooder is a direct relative of the graduate and a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law; or
- Hooder is a parent of the graduate and is faculty or adjunct faculty at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
- Lodging information: Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter, 10 West RiverCenter Boulevard
- Located across the street from NKYCC
- Room block rate of $155 per night, double and king rooms available
- Reservations may be made online here until April 12, 2019
- Main phone number is 1.859.261.2900
- Parking - all within easy walking distance to the NKYCC:
- Kenton County Parking Garage - 220 Madison Avenue
- RiverCenter Garage - 50 East RiverCenter Boulevard
- Open Air Lot - East RiverCenter Boulevard
- Marriott Garage - 10 West RiverCenter Boulevard
- Embassy Suites Garage - 10 East RiverCenter Boulevard
Individuals meeting the following criteria may be a guest hooder at commencement:
1) Hooder is a direct relative of the graduate and a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law; or
2) Hooder is a parent of the graduate and is faculty or adjunct faculty at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.