Admissions & Aid
Shaping the next generation of lawyers who lead.
Cincinnati Law offers an ambitious, well-connected, and personalized legal education in a city that Fortune Magazine calls one of the top places in the country to live and work. As the 4th oldest continuously-operating law school in the nation and Ohio's first law school, we have a history of developing highly accomplished lawyers who lead.
At Cincinnati Law, you are trained to be an exceptional lawyer and leader thanks in part to:
- transformational scholars who are leaders in their fields
- committed community partners who provide unparalleled experiential learning opportunities
- significant opportunities to volunteer and participate in meaningful social justice work
- renowned global connections
- resources reflective of a major urban research university
At Cincinnati Law, experiences are guaranteed. But being a leader in experiential learning doesn't have to come at a high cost. We are ranked the #3 Most Affordable Law School in the nation by U.S. News. Low tuition, reasonable cost-of-living, competitive scholarships, and some of the lowest debt-upon-graduation rates in the nation are all qualities that allow us to be a five-time "Best Value Law School."
Let our accomplishments be your launchpad for success. Apply today and experience more with Cincinnati Law.
Hear why your peers are choosing Ohio's first law school...
RANKINGS & POINTS OF PRIDE
- Ranked a Top 35 Public Law School - U.S. News & World Report
- 4th Oldest Continuously-Operating Law School in the U.S.
- No. 3 Most Affordable Law School in the nation - U.S. News
- A five-time "Best Value Law School" - the National Jurist
- Ranked No. 2 in Ohio for full-time, long-term, JD-required or advantage jobs for the Class of 2017.
- No. 23 in nation for Ultimate Bar Passage - ABA
- Ranked a Top School for Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Public Interest Law, and Trial Advocacy Law
- Top 14 for Practical Training - preLaw Magazine
- 8:1 Student-to-faculty ratio, one of the lowest in the nation for an urban school
- Graduate debt levels nearly $50,000 less than the national law school average
The Formula for Success
Return on Investment
A degree from Cincinnati Law pays off. Our graduates traditionally pass the bar at a rate higher than the state average. At the same time, competitive tuition and scholarship allow them to assume less debt and improve their post-graduation financial status.
Cincinnati Law graduates land full-time jobs, many before donning their caps and gowns and others within 15 months of graduating. For the Class of 2017, Cincinnati Law ranked No. 2 in Ohio for full-time, long-term, JD-required and advantage jobs.
The Cincinnati region is rich with job opportunities, with more than 800 law firms; headquarters to more Fortune 500 companies per capita than New York City, Chicago or Los Angeles; and both U.S. Court of Appeals for 6th Circuit and U.S. District Court for Southern District of Ohio.
Our students benefit from Cincinnati Law’s groundbreaking approach to academic support services, as well as an 8:1 student-faculty ratio that ranks among the lowest in the nation.
Practice Makes Perfect
Our distinctive Center for Professional Development connects our students with life-changing externships and internships in private practices, federal courts, and global exchanges. We offer continual real-world support and expansive opportunities through unique fellowship positions both during and after law school.
Interdisciplinary Joint Degrees
Explore the intersection of law and other fields through one of our interdisciplinary joint-degree programs. Cincinnati Law has long fostered cross-campus and cross-disciplinary collaborations as critical connections between academic study and real-world impact.
For example, Cincinnati Law’s JD/M.A. in Women's, Gender, & Sexuality Studies program, which provides students opportunities to engage in interdisciplinary and feminist study of law and social justice, was the first of its kind in the nation.
Some of Cincinnati Law’s joint degree programs can be attained in just 4 years.
Centers and Institutes
Centers and institutes at Cincinnati Law give our students specialized hands-on opportunities. Our students make local, national and global headlines, from helping entrepreneurs launch start-ups in one of the country’s top innovation accelerators, to supporting investigations that overturn wrongful convictions at the Ohio Innocence Project.
Longstanding global opportunities also make Cincinnati Law a destination law school, whether students want to develop expertise in international law or explore global legal issues from a wide range of perspectives.
Our LL.M program prepares internationally trained graduates to better represent their clients, both in the US and abroad.