Reciprocity for UC College of Law Students & Alumni
Reciprocity is an agreement between law school career services offices to provide students or graduates of other ABA-accredited law schools access to the resources of their office. The resources available via reciprocity typically are limited to the review of job postings. Similarly, most schools implement a “blackout period” during fall on-campus interviews. Current UC Law students or alumni wishing to apply for reciprocity from another law school must contact Kate Christoff for a letter of introduction. A current list of other law school’s reciprocity policies can be found at the The Association for Legal Career Professional’s (NALP) website.
Reciprocity for Non-UC College of Law Students & Alumni
The Center for Professional Development at the University of Cincinnati College of Law is willing to enter into reciprocal arrangements with other ABA-accredited law schools for the mutual benefit of students and graduates. The conditions of reciprocity are as follows:
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by a law school career services official.
- Reciprocity is available only to students and graduates of those schools which allow University of Cincinnati law students and graduates the use of their resources and facilities. The University of Cincinnati reserves the right to limit the number of students reciprocity is granted to from a given school until reciprocity has been extended to a University of Cincinnati student/graduate at the requesting school.
- Available resources include materials in the career services library and job listings. Online access to job postings will be granted in accordance with the requesting school’s policy. Reciprocal services do NOT include access to on-campus interviews or career counseling.
- Reciprocal services are available for a period of three months from the date on which reciprocity is granted. Reciprocity visitors may only visit the Center for Professional Development during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- We regret that reciprocity is not available between August 1st and November 1st.
- Decisions about reciprocity are made on a case-by-case basis, and the University of Cincinnati College of Law reserves the right to revoke or deny reciprocity to individuals who misuse the privileges or do not comply with the College of Law policies.
- We reserve the right to adjust this policy without further notice.
Requests for Reciprocity should be directed to:
Program Coordinator & Counselor
Center for Professional Development