Graduation for the Class of 2024
With the graduation of the Class of 2024, the College of Law celebrates the 191st anniversary of its founding.
When: 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 11th. Doors open to guests at 12:00 p.m. Graduating students report at 11:30 a.m.
Where: Fifth Third Arena on the University of Cincinnati campus (2700 O'Varsity Way, Cincinnati, OH 45221). Find a campus map here. Guests may not bring any balloons or outside food or drink into the venue. There will be a bag check at the door. The ceremony will be livestreamed and recorded.
- Cincinnati Athletics Clear Bag Policy: Guests and students will be able to bring one clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or a clear bag tote no larger than 12” x 6” x 12” – AND a small clutch bag or wallet that is roughly the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”) into Fifth Third Arena. Non-approved bags include backpacks, camera cases, oversized purses and other large bags.
- Concessions will be available.
- All attendees will be required to pass through metal detectors.
Guests: Students may invite as many guests as they wish and no tickets are required. Guests may not bring any balloons or outside food or drink into the venue.
Guest hooders: Guest hooders are allowed to participate in the ceremony. Guest hooders must be a direct relative of the graduate and a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law; or the hooder is a parent of the graduate and is faculty or adjunct faculty at the University of Cincinnati College of Law. Students requesting a guest hooder must notify Assistant Dean Rudy Trejo by April 19th. .
Photography: A photographer will be there to take your photograph as you walk across the stage.
Accessibility: Fifth Third Arena is fully accessible. Attendees are invited to submit accessibility requests to Assistant Dean Rudy Trejo.
Parking: There is no parking located in the Arena, however, there are several parking garages nearby. In addition, there will be a golf cart shuttle available from Corry Garage (2529 Scioto Ln.) to take one family at a time to the Arena entrance as needed. Corry and Calhoun garages will be free and open to the public. Find a campus map here.
Lodging and discounts: The following hotels offer a UC Law discount rate:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Uptown-University Area (Discounted UC Law rate link)
- Comfort Suites Cincinnati University (New) - Downtown (Discounted UC Law rate link)
- MainStay Suites Cincinnati University (New) - Uptown (Discounted UC Law rate link)
- Graduate Hotel at UC (discounted rate: code UNVCIN)