Moot Court is the student-run appellate advocacy honors society of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. To join the Moot Court Board, students must compete in the LexisNexis Moot Court Competition during the fall semester of their 2L year. During the Anderson Competition, students research and prepare an appellate brief, and argue their position before members of the local legal community who act as appellate court judges. A passing grade on the brief and oral advocacy competition gives students one non-classroom credit hour and fulfills their writing requirement. The top performers receive an invitation to join the Moot Court Board for the remainder of their law school career.
As members of the UC Law Moot Court Board, students are eligible for two non-classroom credit hours for each of their remaining semesters.
- Executive Director: Morgan Henderson
- Finance Director: Greg Gerbus
- Intramural Competition Co-Directors: Caroline Henneman, Rokhaya Niang, Hannah Bogaert
- Head Judges' Coordinator: Cassidy Zang
- External Competitions Coordinator: Caitlin Lancaster
- Networking and Coaching Coordinator: Casmir Thornberry
- Social Director: Madison Persinger