Moot Court is the student-run appellate advocacy honors society of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. To join the Moot Court Board, students must compete in the LexisNexis Moot Court Competition during the fall semester of their 2L year. During the Anderson Competition, students research and prepare an appellate brief, and argue their position before members of the local legal community who act as appellate court judges. A passing grade on the brief and oral advocacy competition gives students one non-classroom credit hour and fulfills their writing requirement. The top performers receive an invitation to join the Moot Court Board for the remainder of their law school career.
As members of the UC Law Moot Court Board, students are eligible for two non-classroom credit hours for each of their remaining semesters. To receive credit, students must: participate in competitions hosted by other law schools; host the August A. Rendigs, Jr. National Product Liability Moot Court Competition; and hold the intramural competition during their 3L year.
- Executive Director: Maria RuweFinancial Director: Elizabeth Meade
- Director of Finance: Erin Branham
- Rendigs Co-Directors: Ariel Shuster, JT Malone
- Intramural Competition Co-Directors: Sarah Ochieng, Maggie Pollitt
- Rendigs Problem Writer: Billy Blake, Jacob Harold
- Competitions Director: Hannah Zinker