FlexTime Program

For the professional who needs flexibility.

Students who have family, financial, or health circumstances that make a regular, full-time schedule more difficult can consider a part-time course of study under Cincinnati Law's Flexible Time Enrollment Option. Students may complete the JD degree in 8 semesters over 4 years instead of the normal schedule of 6 semesters over 3 years.  Under special circumstances, students may take longer than 8 semesters to complete the degree.  Students work closely with an academic advisor in order to develop an individualized curriculum that allows them to meet their educational goals. With assistance from their advisor, students select  classes from the wide variety of classes available to all JD students. These classes usually meet between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., with some classes extending into the early evening hours. Students should be aware that they will need to arrange their schedules to attend certain required courses when the school schedules them in order to meet graduation requirements.

Cincinnati Law's Flex-Time program is NOT a part-time program. It is a day-time program that allows students to reduce their course load by taking one or two fewer courses each semester.

Flex-time students will average about 12 credits each semester, but this may vary based on a student’s needs.  Students may opt to accelerate their academic progress by supplementing their regular studies during the academic year with independent research projects during some summer sessions.

If you have questions regarding whether or not Cincinnati Law's FlexTime program might work for you, contact our Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor Brad Mank at