Apply to Cincinnati Law
Fall 2021 Application for Admission Opens September 1
Your Next is Now
How to Apply to UC Law
Prospective students interested in applying to the University of Cincinnati College of Law may select from one of the following options below.
Applying earlier will increase your opportunity for admission and scholarship!
Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis by the Admissions Committee when sufficient applications are complete in order to start the review process. The Admissions Committee continues to evaluate application files until late spring. Every applicant will receive a decision letter (accept, waitlist, deny) within three (3) to five (5) weeks of being notified that the applicant's file is complete. A waiting list is established to fill any openings that may occur during the spring and summer.
JD ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS & POLICIES
A full list of admission requirements to the University of Cincinnati College of Law can be found on our Requirements and Policies page.
Joint Degree Programs—Our three joint-degree programs allow students to complete their JDs while earning a Master’s Degree—in just 4 years. Learn more about each program at the links below.
Please note: Any JD student can take up to 8 credits in any graduate program at UC and it will count toward the JD– even if they are not in a dual degree program.
The Transfer Admissions page outlines the application timeline and supporting materials needed to complete your application. In order to allow the Admissions Office adequate time to process and review all applications, candidates are urged to apply as early as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or at (513) 556-0078.
LLM to JD Transfer: UC LLM to JD transfer students will submit the same transfer application as JD transfer applications. You can learn more here.
The College of Law is offering a program of study on the US legal system to foreign-trained practicing attorneys and law school graduates. The LLM program is a one-year program which provides a substantive introduction into the US legal process, while allowing students to tailor their studies to particular areas of law.
The Impact of a UC Law Legal Education
At Cincinnati Law, we believe that greatness lies beyond the classroom. Our students gain real-world experience through our renowned centers, high-impact clinics, guaranteed externships, and sought-after fellowship opportunities—some that even begin in the first year of the JD program. You'll find an environment that is collaborate and an academic curriculum that is rigorous and thought-provoking. Top-tier faculty will serve as your partners in learning with class sizes comparable to that of a small private school, and your classmates will become learning companions and life-long friends. Tap into the greater UC network with more than a quarter of a million alumni around the globe and let the power of the Cincinnati connection lift you to new heights. Apply today and discover how Cincinnati Law will ensure you graduate prepared to lead and ready for next. #nextliveshere
- Ranked a Top 45 Public Law School - U.S. News & World Report
- 4th Oldest Continuously-Operating Law School in the U.S.
- No. 3 Most Affordable Law School in the nation - U.S. News
- A five-time "Best Value Law School" - the National Jurist
- No. 1 in Ohio and 38th in nation for Ultimate Bar Passage - ABA
- Ranked No. 3 in Ohio for full-time, long-term, JD-required or advantage jobs - Class of 2018
- Ranked Top 14 for Practical Training
- Ranked a Top 16 Public Law School for Public Service
- Ranked a Top School for Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Public Interest Law, and Trial Advocacy
- 8:1 Student-to-faculty ratio, one of the lowest in the nation for an urban school
- Graduate debt levels nearly $80,000 less than the national law school average
- 2019 Lowest cost of living of any major metro in U.S. - Bureau of Economic Analysis