Corporate Law Symposium
Advances in Legal Analytics
Advances in digitization and machine learning have transformed legal analytics, easing the extraction and interpretation of large legal datasets. Additionally, legaltech upstarts are chipping away at the dominance of traditional legal research providers. More so than in decades, users have their pick of research tools and platforms. This Symposium brings together scholars and practitioners in digital humanities, computational legal analysis, computer science, legaltech, and other areas to discuss the trajectory of legal analytics.
Opening Remarks | 9-9:15 a.m.
- Verna Williams, Dean and Nippert Professor of Law, Cincinnati Law
- Felix Chang, Associate Dean, Professor, and Co-Director, Corporate Law Center, Cincinnati Law
Keynote | 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- James Grimmelmann, Tessler Family Professor of Digital and Information Law, Cornell Law School (speaker)
- Sarah Lawsky, Professor of Law, Associate Dean of Academic Programs, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (commentator)
Big Data Corporate Research | 10:30-11:45 a.m.
- David Donald, Professor in the Faculty of Law, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Jeremy McClane, Associate Professor of Law, University of lllinois College of Law
- Susan Navarro Smelcer, Assistant Professor of Law, Georgia State University College of Law
- Anne Tucker, Professor of Law, Georgia State University College of Law
Lunch Break | 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Modeling Legal Reasoning | 12:30-1:45 p.m.
- Abdi Aidid, Adjunct Professor, University of Toronto Faculty of Law, Vice President, Research at Blue J Legal
- Michael Livermore, Edward F. Howrey Professor of Law, University of Virginia School of Law
- Margaret (Molly) Roberts, Assistant Professor, Political Science, University of California, San Diego
- Thibault Schrepel, Assistant Professor, Utrecht University & Faculty Affiliate at Stanford University's CodeX Center
Developments in LegalTech | 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Kevin Ashley, Professor of Law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Jack Cushman, Harvard Library Innovation Lab
- Erin McCabe, University of Cincinnati Digital Scholarship Center
- Susan Nevelow Mart, Professor and Director of the Law Library, University of Colorado Law School
- Houman Shadab, Professor of Law, Director of the Innovation Center for Law and Technology, New York Law School
Closing Remarks | 3:30 p.m.
- Sean Mangan, Professor and Co-Director, Corporate Law Center, Cincinnati Law