CPD & Careers Information
During the University's suspension of face-to-face instruction and related activities, the Center for Professional Development (CPD) will conduct student counseling by email, by phone or, when necessary, by video conference. Some of you have already scheduled informational interviews or other networking activities during spring break. Please note that many employers are piloting remote work arrangements and other modifications to daily operations so be sure to reconfirm appointments.
How will your job search be affected?
- CPD remains fully engaged in cultivating employment opportunities, assisting students in summer options, and facilitating the process across the spectrum of your job search.
- Jobs will continue to be posted on Symplicity. Be sure to check both the OCI tab and the Jobs tab.
- If you have secured employment for the summer, please update your employment information in Symplicity.
- For questions related to your summer job search, or to schedule a phone conference with a CPD attorney, please contact either Kate Christoff or Jim Tomaszewski directly.
What about on-campus interviews and other events?
All scheduled CPD events have been canceled. The 3L Notary Blitz scheduled for March 24 has been cancelled. Students can find notary services at most banks, or at UPS or FedEx stores. Students should NOT come to CPD for notary services.
Employers will not be holding interviews on campus. If you have a scheduled on-campus interview, or are selected for one, employers will contact you directly regarding arrangements.
If you are in the building during the University suspension, can you simply drop by the office?
The attorney counselors will be working remotely from time-to-time and will have reduced office availability during the University suspension. The best way to contact CPD attorneys is via email until further notice.
What you should you do if you have questions?
Continue to communicate directly with CPD attorneys in their respective areas:
- Career Counseling and Job Search Strategy
- Chris Szydlowski, email@example.com
- Bar Prep and Academic Success
- Joel Chanvisanuruk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer Public Interest Funding
- Jim Tomaszewski, email@example.com
Although the University suspension requires everyone to work differently, CPD will still be working in support of you.