Instructions for Accessing and Submitting Take-Home Exams on TWEN
Following is an overview of the procedures for Take-Home Exams administered by the Registrar’s Office during the spring 2020 semester. Some professors who have elected to give Take-Home exams have distributed exams directly to students and made other arrangements to collect exam answers. These instructions apply only to Take-Home exams administered by the Registrar’s Office.
1. There is a password protected TWEN site for each Take-Home Exam administered by the Registrar’s Office (“Final Exam TWEN Site”). The Final Exam TWEN Site is separate from any TWEN page your professor may have used this semester. Students will receive the password for their course’s Final Exam TWEN Site on Sunday, May 3.
2. Take-Home exams administered by the Registrar’s Office will be available on TWEN from May 4 until May 15. Take-Home Exams will be available for students to download on TWEN from 12:01 am EST on May 4 through 11:59 pm EST on May 15.
3. Students may download/print final exam questions. Once on the Final Exam TWEN Site, students will click on “Exam” on the left.
4. Honor Code Acknowledgement. Before downloading/printing exam questions, students will acknowledge the Honor Code applies to the final exam and that they:
- a. will not spend more than the allotted time to complete my exam answer;
- b. understand that all exam questions are confidential. They will destroy all copies of the exam questions, including hard copies and digital copies. They will not share copies of the exam questions with anyone; and
- c. will complete the exam following the professor’s instructions and all student obligations under the honor code.
5. All exams are open-book and no collaboration with another person is allowed unless expressly permitted by the professor. All exams will be open-book; however, students are not permitted to collaborate with any other person while completing an exam unless the professor expressly permits such collaboration.
6. Professors will specify the time allowed to complete the exam and the “clock” begins when you download the exam from TWEN. Most Take-Home Exams are scheduled for 24, 48 or 72 hours. Time will begin when you download the exam from TWEN. It is the student’s responsibility to leave ample time to complete Take-Home Exams. No extra time will be granted because a student downloads a take-home exam late in the exam period.
7. Save essay exam answers using your anonymous exam number. Students will save their essay exam answers in a Microsoft Word document. Essay exam answers should be saved using their anonymous exam number. Students should not include any identifying information in their exam answer.
8. Honor Code Acknowledgement. Before uploading an essay exam answer, students will complete a second Honor Code acknowledgement.
9. Upload exam answer using the “Submit” button. Students should upload their essay exam answers in “Assignments and Quizzes” using the “Submit” button. Answers must be uploaded by within the time allotted by the professor to complete the exam.
10. Technical difficulties, illnesses should be reported to the Registrar and Assistant Dean Rucker. Should you have any questions or problems during the exam, contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and Assistant Dean Rucker at email@example.com. Because students may experience technical difficulties or illness outside regular business hours, Assistant Dean Rucker will consider the time the student sent the email to make any determinations on whether additional time to complete the exam, if appropriate.